It can be intimidating to go to the gym for the first time. It can be really intimidating for a woman. Due to gym stigma, lack of knowledge, and lack of confidence, it can be difficult to get yourself out there to work out.
You shouldn't feel this way at all! In order to help you get started, we've gathered our best tips below. You need to have the right mindset, know where to start, what makes you feel comfortable, and seek help when needed.
WHAT SHOULD A BEGINNER DO AT THE GYM?
For those who have never been to a gym before, it can be intimidating. As a result, it's important to be mentally prepared before entering for the first time. Crunch believes that the gym should be a place where you can work out in comfort and safety. Getting motivated to go can be challenging sometimes!
If it's your first time or early days at the gym, here are some tips to make you feel more comfortable:
- Remind yourself that going to the gym is only for you!
- Everyone is just as self-conscious as you are. When you feel like everyone is looking at you, but they're really asking the same question, it's called the "spotlight effect." Keep your focus on yourself and you'll soon realize that everyone else is as well!
- Gym members have all started somewhere. It's not the first time someone has been a beginner. As with most people, they would have been in the same situation as you are right now.
- You will feel more motivated if you listen to a playlist that makes you feel good and uplifted. Once you plug some music in and start focusing on yourself, it's easy to forget about everyone else.
Going to the gym is the hardest part. Schedule it and wear your best workout gear. By the time you get there, you have completed 80% of the work!
WHAT EQUIPMENT AND EXERCISES ARE BEST FOR WOMEN BEGINNERS?
Start slow if you've never lifted weights or exercised before. Jump on the treadmill as a great suggestion. To introduce yourself to cardio, you can walk for 10-15 minutes slowly. When you see people at the gym who are confident, it can be frightening for you. This will help you ease yourself into the gym, especially if you see people who are already confident working out.
Ask someone or a trained professional like a personal trainer for help if you're not familiar with the treadmill. To avoid injuries at the gym, you need to learn how to use the gym's equipment properly, including weight machines and cardio equipment.
At first, you can do some stretches in a quiet area of the gym if cardio seems too much because it's tiring or you don't have the confidence. Getting familiar with the setting, and the environment, and being relaxed is the key at this point.
HOW LONG SHOULD YOU WORKOUT FOR IF YOU’RE A BEGINNER?
As a beginner, you don't want to push yourself too hard, so start with whatever length feels comfortable for you. Go at a pace that is comfortable for you. Starting with 30 minutes is a great idea. When you begin going regularly, you'll probably incorporate weight training into your routine, which will lengthen your workouts. Whether you want to lose weight, gain muscle or improve your endurance, it will also be influenced by your fitness goals.
HOW MANY DAYS SHOULD I WORKOUT?
Gyms are popular for a variety of reasons.
The most important thing to remember is to be consistent. To keep up with your fitness goals, it is really important to form a regular gym routine or habit. Make sure you choose a time that is convenient for you to go, whether it is in the morning before work, at lunchtime or after work. Fitness goals cannot be achieved if you don't make time for the gym.
HERE ARE SOME EASY BEGINNER GYM WORKOUT ROUTINES FOR FEMALES
Here are some easy beginner gym workout routines you can try to make things easier for you. You can always ask one of our friendly Crunch staff members or one of our personal trainers for help if you don't feel confident.
What is best for you will depend on your fitness level and goals. Please use these suggestions as a guide.
Cardio workout routines for beginners
- Try treadmills, elliptical machines, stationary bikes, stair climbers, and rowing machines. To get familiar with these machines, you can start on a low intensity setting.
- If you're comfortable, start with 15 minutes of cardio and gradually increase the time and intensity as you become more comfortable.
- As women age, their bone density naturally decreases due to hormonal changes. Being on your feet during cardio exercise promotes bone growth.
Beginner strength training routines
- There are several exercises that can be included in a full body workout routine, including shoulder presses, back rows, leg curls, crunches, chest presses, and leg presses. If you are unsure how to do these exercises, consult a personal trainer.
- Beginners should begin by performing 2-3 sets of 8-10 repetitions. You should start with light weights so that you can build up to heavier weights.
- In women, muscle-building hormones are naturally low, so weight training is fantastic because it increases muscle, speeds up metabolic rate, and increases bone density.
Don't forget to stretch after your workout. It is not uncommon for your muscles to become tight after sitting at a desk for a long period of time. By the time you stretch after a workout, your muscles have already warmed up.