WHAT DOES A PERSONAL TRAINER DO?
- Personal trainers (PT) are certified individuals who design safe, effective exercise programs and deliver one-to-one training.
- There is a wide range of knowledge among PTs, but they must pass a level 3 personal training certificate to practice.
- PTs assist their clients with their health and fitness goals, such as losing weight, losing fat, and improving their sports performance.
HOW MUCH DOES A PERSONAL TRAINER COST?
- The cost of a personal training session varies. As a benchmark, a session costs between AED 120-AED 350 and is 45 minutes to one hour long.
- You pay the PT directly for a personal training session, which is a separate cost from your membership.
DO I NEED A PERSONAL TRAINER?
- The length of time you need a PT will depend on your goals. If you’re new to the gym or need to learn specific equipment, it will take less time than if you’re training to boost performance or prepare for a competition.
IS IT WORTH GETTING A PERSONAL TRAINER?
- Yes, especially if you’re new to the gym, have a specific training goal or want to improve quickly. PTs keep you accountable to your fitness goals and motivate you to push yourself further.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A PERSONAL TRAINER?
- There are several benefits of personal training. These include:
- Personal trainers will guide you on how to perform exercises correctly and safely. If you’re new to the gym or new to lifting weights, getting the technique right is vital.
- Personal trainers monitor your form during your training and correct you if necessary.
- Knowledge and experience: Personal trainers need to stay on top of industry trends and training methods in order to save their clients time.
- Push your limits: You’ll be challenged and motivated to push your limits by your personal trainer, who is passionate and supportive.
- Keeping you accountable: Getting to the gym is sometimes the hardest part. Personal trainers hold you accountable; you can’t cancel the gym if you’re working out with a trainer.
- Create a training program tailored to your needs, abilities, and goals: Personal trainers will design a program tailored to your needs, abilities, and goals. If your goal is to lose weight, your program will include specific weight-loss exercises. Your trainer will monitor your progress and adapt your program as needed.
CAN PERSONAL TRAINERS WRITE MEAL PLANS?
- It’s uncommon for PTs to offer nutrition advice. There are, however, some PTs who may suggest small changes to a person’s lifestyle or diet. You should always seek professional advice from a PT since they are not nutritionists.